June 24, 2014

Rufus, The Magnificent Wimbledon Hawk Sends A Warning To Pigeons

A video advert produced for Stella Artois UK creatively profiled Rufus, the hawk whose job for the last fourteen years and counting is patrol the grounds at the Wimbledon games. It's his responsibility to chase away the pigeons who are careless enough to try and disrupt the games. Watch Rufus send a warning to pigeons in the very well-made advert below.
Here's a transcript of Rufus' words: "Hello pigeons. My name is Rufus. I'm not like you. I'm a bird of prey, a fine-tuned flying machine. My bosses are very particular. They chose me for a reason. I've been a member of Wimbledon security for fourteen years. I wake up at 5 a.m. everyday to patrol the grounds. I'm faster than you. Stronger than you. I am an athlete. Do you call that flying? This is flying. I train harder than you. I weigh one pound and six ounces, the perfect flying weight. I have nothing against pigeons. I'm a professional. I don't mind what you do as long as you don't do it on my turf. You've been warned. I am Rufus."
Screen-capture; YouTube.
Screen-capture; YouTube.

Write Your Comments Below

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...